NOTE: Before you beginn with your abstract submission, please complete registration
Abstracts, Posters and Presentations
The aim of the abstract is on the one hand to learn how to prepare an abstract, poster or short scientific presentation and how to present your topic at an international meeting on the other hand we all will learn about cancer care in other countries.
- Students from the T1 / clinical track are asked to choose a clinically orientated topic for their abstract
- Students from the T2 /research track are asked to choose a scientific topic for their abstract
The preparation of the abstract, poster or presentation should be supervised by a faculty member in your medical school.
Suggestions for topics:
- In case you are already working on your thesis or you are a member of a clinical or scientific working group you are mostly welcome to present your work
- Topics related to cancer care, epidemiology, prevention, screening,… at your home country and/or cultural background
- Diagnostics in cancer
- Childhood cancers
- Cancer registry / epidemiology
How to create an abstract:
Abstracts are a structured summary of the topic you want to present and should outline the content of your (planned) research. It should consist of max. 250 words (excluding title and authors).
Please use the following structure:
- Authors (full name and institutions/ medical school; please do not forget your supervisor)
- Introduction (aim, background)
- Conclusion (summary)
After abstract review by the faculty, you will be invited to either present a poster or to present a scientific power point presentation by 15.06.2017.
» START ABSTRACT SUBMISSION (new window will open)
How to prepare a poster:
120 cm (3.28 ft) high x 100 cm (3.94 ft) wide, which should be presented during the summer school (10 minutes poster presentation/ 10 minutes discussion).
How to prepare a short scientific power point presentation:
max. 10 slides, which should be presented during the summer school (10 minutes presentation/ 10 minutes discussion).
How to write a good abstract for a scientific paper or conference presentation:
Papers and poster sessions presented at meetings:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7255/ chapter 12
For further information or help please write us an email (email@example.com subject abstract)